Having been admitted as a Solicitor on 1st March 1984, Amjed has over 30 years experience in the legal sector. During this time he has developed considerable knowledge, expertise and experience in a broad range of civil litigation cases including high value personal injury claims, matrimonial and property related litigation.
Amjed has undertaken a number of high value and complex serious injury claims dealing with brain injury, spinal injury and amputations. Throughout these highly specialist cases, Amjed’s wide experience in other areas of civil litigation has proven invaluable when it comes to quantifying damages.
He has been described as incredibly thorough, methodical and meticulous in his approach and preparation. Amjed has also advised and represented other Solicitors and Barristers on their own cases because of his specific expertise and experience. He has also been appointed as a Financial Deputy for clients who have been unable to manage their financial affairs.
Amjed comes from a family of clothing wholesalers and manufacturers. He was the first in his family to embark on a career in Law.
Having completed a four-year degree in law and economics, he took a one year legal practice course for Solicitors, before training as a Solicitor between 1981 and 1984. He was admitted as a Solicitor on 1st March 1984.
Once admitted, Amjed spent three years working for a large firm ultimately managing one of their branch offices. In May 1987 he set up on his own account and took over the practice of Goldwaters Solicitors, Newcastle where he had previously trained. Whilst running the practice, he obtained an MA in Advanced Legal Practice from Northumbria University.
Experience and Accreditation
- Amjed was a member of the Personal Injury Panel for 15 years. He is a member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers.
- He has adjudicated on appeals by members of the public and/or their Solicitors against legal aid refusal on the Legal Services Commission Appeal Committee.
- Amjed has also been an external Examiner in Law at Northumbria University.
- He is a member of the Civil Court Users Committee at Newcastle Law Courts and regularly attends their meetings.
- He has personally trained about 10 Solicitors many of who now practice in personal injury law or matrimonial work in or around the Newcastle area.
- Amjed is also a former President of the Newcastle upon Tyne Law Society.
When time permits, Amjed enjoys watching movies, going to the gym and cruise holidays. He also has a considerable, and ever-growing, collection of Marvel Comics!
For over 30 years we have gained a reputation as a leading law firm in our key areas, dealing with a number of high value and complex serious injury claims, civil litigation, property and family.Contact